Frequently Asked Questions Regarding The Hydroponic Enclosure
How do I assemble my product?
- Each product comes with an assembly manual. This manual is in English with many pictorial instructions. Please contact the factory for a French version.
- Product assembly video is provided below:
Is it limited to hydroponics or can I use soil?
- There is no limitation. Most professionals prefer hydroponics over the messier, tedious and unreliable soil methods.
Will my package be discreet?
- Yes. All packages are shipped in unmarked brown boxes.
Will my payment be secure if I purchase from this site?
- Yes. We have secure ordering and data protection through our SSL website.
How secure is the hydroponic enclosure?
- Please note that the locking latches should NOT be considered reasonable protection against intrusion. They are designed to prevent casual opening of the door (eg. a guest at a dinner party who mistakes it for a fridge). There are other obvious ways of entering the cabinet besides the door such as forcing the lower panels out of their slots or unscrewing one of the side panels. Also, the door itself can easily be pried open with a tool such as a screwdriver. For that reason, we recommend that the cabinet be stored somewhere that privacy is assured.
What is the standard delivery time?
- This depends on a number of factors including special options ordered and destination address, but we maintain a maximum 4 week delivery lead-time guarantee. With this guarantee you will have the choice of a 25% discount (for late delivery) or your money back (for order cancellation). In most cases our delivery lead-time is only 2 weeks.
How heavy is this product?
- This product is shipped in two boxes, one large & flat weighing 65 lbs max (with the 10.5 lbs optional shelf), and one long slim box weighing 27 lbs max. By keeping the weights below 66 lbs (30 Kg) we were able to reduce shipping costs substantially. Many competitors must ship their units by freight (on a skid) because the overall weight or volume exceeds limits for 'package' delivery.
- Once assembled, the unit will weight as much as 81.5 lbs before the accessories and hydroponic systems are installed. Once you add the shelf, lights, fan, filter, hydroponic systems, etc. and fill the reservoir with water, the unit weight will increase substantially. The unit is designed with swivel casters so it should be very easy to move around on a flat surface fully loaded. However, to move the unit between floors, we recommend that all accessories be stripped to bring the unit down to its dry weight of 81.5 lbs. Then the unit should be carried by two people up & down a staircase.